Tale of a 9th Grade Romance
Not quite a man, still just a boy
Skateboards and video games are his favorite toys
Not quite a woman, Daddy's little girl
Still trying to make her way in this world
There was a look, across the hall
Locker to locker and oblivious to all
Will you go with me to the Homecoming Dance?
Oh, the tale of a 9th grade romance
So what are you doing this Friday night?
We'll see a movie, It'll be alright
I'll dress up and you will be the bomb
I'll pick you up at 8, me and my mom (Freshman can't drive)
A hole in one, playing putt-putt
Faces draw nearer as our eyes are shut
I can't believe this I'm going into shock
I see the sparks fly as our braces lock
So what are you doing this Friday night?
We'll see a movie It'll be alright
I'll dress up and you will be the bomb
I'll pick you up at 8, me and my mom
This has been the best two weeks of my life
I can't explain all the joy I have inside
What? What do you mean?
You're breaking up with me
Aw man it's like a scene from Dawson's Creek
So guess what I'm doing this Friday night?
I'll see a movie, I'll be alright
I hope you have fun at your high school prom
You might see me there, I'll be with my mom
I hope you have fun at prom
I heard you're going with Tom
I'll be with my mom
I'm such a loser
No this is not autobiographical, and yes I wrote it! I thought it would be good to cheer some people up on a Monday afternoon. Enjoy!
What is your definition of semi-popular?
ReplyDeleteMore than a couple hundred people have heard it!
ReplyDelete