Thursday, January 27, 2011

Creativity and how it relates vis-a-vis my progeny...

I like creativity.  My blog is creatrev, a mashup of creative and Trevor.  Pause for, "Ahhh, that's what it means moment."  I can't help it.  Ever since I can remember I have liked to create.  My favorite things to do in video games is to create characters.  I like to sketch, create music, write about things nobody has ever seen before, and create content that inspires people.  I find it cathartic.  It relaxes me to take an idea an mold it into something that has it's own identity.  Need further clarification?

Imagine a blank piece of paper.  Fresh, pure white, no markings.  Imagine a pencil, yellow, #2.  They are two separate entities with no life.  Now imagine what can be done with those two mundane instruments.  Anything you can imagine, and some you can't even begin to fathom, can be drawn on that paper.  Where blank and boring once existed, life has sprung forth.  The paper has become it's own world where anything is possible.  The picture captured could be in a forest where a band of dastardly rogues has captured a lovely princess, only to be turned away by the most cunning of heros.

That world only exists in my mind.  I can create anything I want in that world.  I can choose to let people in and see glimpses of the creation, but the creation comes strictly from my thoughts.  I didn't think I would like writing a blog.  I had put it off for years.  My wife told me to start, and she, as usual, was right.  I enjoy the fact that I start with a blank page.  The cursor just blinking at me as if it is excited to find out what it will be a part of for the day.  I can imagine it thinking, "what ideas are going to come out of me gliding across the screen today?"  The fact that people actually read this is incredible as well.  I thank those who do for wanting to catch a glimpse at how I see the world.  Wow, what a world where people can read each other's diaries, like a snooping younger brother trying to find out if his sister really thinks he is a pest.

Now to the vis-a-vis my progeny.  I think Truett is following in his father's footsteps down the creativity path. Last night he fell asleep on the living room floor with each of his hands in one of Julie's tennis shoes.  Don't believe me:


Creativity or just weird?  Who's to say?


No comments:

Post a Comment