Monday, April 25, 2011

I don't have a pet...unless you include peeves...

Ah yes, pet peeves. A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it.
*Disclaimer:  I know I am not perfect, in fact I probably peeve myself more than others peeve me...this is lighthearted.  If you fall into a category, get over it, we are all annoying creatures with annoying habits."
So, what is on your list of pet peeves? I will add a few of my own, you take it from there.
1. When someone says the, "The Book of RevelationS"  It's Book of Revelation, singular...John only had one.  Look it up in your Bible...Revelation, singular.
2. Mouth noises.  I hate any unusual noise  that comes out of peoples mouths.  All of you clickers and slurpers and gnung-gnungers and excessive saliva people out there, don't eat around other people.  They should have specific areas in restaurants for you people.  (Sorry, Julie.  She is a clicker.)
3. People who ride in the back of trucks and think they are cool.  If you are riding in the back of a truck, you are at least the third most popular person in the vehicle you are traveling in.  You are not cool.
4. People who post on message boards that think by their "brilliant" argument and lack of spelling they are going to win you over to their side.  If you are trying to convince people to consider Jesus over a message board...be articulate, be polite, and for the love of all that is holy, please, dear God...LEARN TO SPELL! 
5. People who try to sell you hand cream at a kiosk in the mall...dude you aren't even at a real store.  For all I know you could be just some dude who likes rubbing lotion on people.  Get a real job,  I heard Auntie Ann's Pretzels is hiring...at least they have a place in the wall, not just out in the open.
6.  Parents who dress their little girls as hookers.  Do I really need to elaborate on this one?  Abercrombie and Fitch is marketing a push up bra for girls as young as 8.  What is there to push up?  Obviously not self-esteem, morals, or the fact that she is a child.  Mom's...you are your daughter's mother...not friend.  Just 'cause something may look cute on your friend, a divorced, 40 something, desperate woman, trying to land a man...it is not appropriate for your 8 year old to wear, no matter how much "she" thinks it's cute.
This by no means is an exhaustive list...I get annoyed easily.  What is on your list?  (Over opinionated youth pastors is a given, so no need to write about it.)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment