There is nothing like the sweet voice of a one year old child. The way he coos and says da da or ma ma just melts your heart. It is one of the coolest things in the world to hear them utter even the most nonsensical phrase. That is, until he cries at 1:30 in the morning. Then you don't care what he is saying or feeling, you just want it to stop. Unfortunately last night he wouldn't stop. I went into his room and he was standing in his crib crying, staring at me like, "what are you going to do to make this better, old man?"
I picked him up and tried to comfort him to no avail. He is teething and apparently that means pain combined with snot you wouldn't believe, and lots and lots of drool. As I was holding him in the living room, in the recliner I was thinking about how great we have it. You see when we cry out to God, and call Him Father, we are saying exactly what the Tru-dog was. I need someone to comfort me. We may be drooling and snot covered, but the Father is always there to comfort us when we need Him. Tru-dog fell back to sleep in His father's arms. I eventually fell back asleep too, safe in my Father's arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment