Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broken stained-glass windows, the fragments ramble on....

How many times have I yearned to picture God the way I first did when He poured out His Holy Spirit upon me and opened my eyes to the magnificence of perfect grace.  If only I could see with as much innocence and awe as I first did.  Now, it seems my "wisdom" has made me one of Plato's prisoners, chained to a wall looking at shadows, all the while thinking I am seeing the true form of the hand of God.  Every now and again I need to be shocked back into reality, chains broken, so that I can see outside of the cave.  When you get a clear picture of reality and who God is, it makes it harder to return to bondage.

A few blog posts ago, I mentioned a girl who gave her life to Christ.  Soon after she wrote a poem that she gave me permission to insert here.  It allows me to see, with her eyes, what I saw myself 14 years ago.  Here it is:

He saved her soul

Out of the darkness and into the light,
A heart renewed, and shining just right.
But she doesn't understand,
Why a soul like hers was saved.
Something happened on the night
She realized she wouldn't be the same.
Afraid of change, she isn't too sure
About becoming something new.
But she opened her heart and let him in,
And let herself feel more broken again.
Time with him will heal this wound
In her heart, that seems to bloom.
That night, someone spoke her name
And telling her she will be saved.
A darkened soul, by a troubling past
She opened her heart, and he fixed her fast.
Never again, will she not believe
Because God finally, set her free.

What else needs to be said?  God is moving in the hearts of His people.  I am happy to be a part of it.

1 comment: