Ok, I have threatened to put my thoughts from Bigstuf in this blog (that I have not posted to in over a year) and a few people thought it was a good idea, so here goes. It is called...
What do we want for our students? (Part 1 of 5)
1. Follow Jesus
a. Not simply believe in Jesus. We want our students to be passionate followers of Jesus. Don't think there is a difference? Ask the rich young ruler. We want our students to make all their decisions in life based on the fact that Jesus called us to follow him and nothing or no one else.
b. Take up their cross daily. The cross was a torture device...like water boarding or shoving bamboo under someone's fingernails. It was gruesome and always led to death. Sounds safe right? Of course it not. Yet Jesus called every believer to follow Him by walking the path that He Himself walked. Safety is never promised in the Bible and it is contradictory to scripture. I don't want my kids to be safe. Careful, cautious, wise, but not safe. They belong to Him and I trust Him to take care of them better than I ever could.
Tune in next time to read Part 2 of 5!
Trevor
No comments:
Post a Comment